How To Get Rid Of Cooking Smells In A Small Apartment
For an individual or a couple, a studio apartment is quite a practical choice. It is easy to maintain and does not require too many pieces of furniture. But since it is a single open space, it can also have some disadvantages, particularly when it comes to cooking smells. Having the best gas stove in your kitchen won’t keep the your apartment from smelling like food. In fact, that may only lead to you cooking more and thus making your space smell like food all the time. Odors from the kitchen cling to fabrics, which is very annoying.
Top 5 ways to get cooking smells out
- Immediately take out the trash as its smell can foul up the place. If it is not the trash that makes your bed small bad, slice up two lemons and boil them. The citrus smell will waft into the air, absorbing stale smells and leaving a tangy fresh scent. If you’ve fried fish, which leaves a strong smell, pour white vinegar into a few cups and place them on top of your ref or table and leave them overnight. The vinegar will absorb the fishy smell.
- You can bake a few sticks of cinnamon, brown sugar and butter to leave you entire house and your bed smelling like freshly-baked cookies. You can boil some cloves in a saucepan or use peels of oranges and lemons. You can try roasting some coffee beans.
- Baking soda is a good odor absorber. It is also quite cheap, so you can buy a few boxes and leave them open in different parts of your kitchen.
- If it is allowed, install a good exhaust fan in the right place in your kitchen. If you have the budget, you can invest in an electric chimney.
- Purchase a quality air purifier for smells and odors. Aside from purifying the air, it gets rid of the smells of mold and pets, kitchen odors and cigarette smoke.
Keeping your kitchen clean and removing trash immediately (or freeze perishables and compost in sealed containers will effectively eliminate odors that can cling to your bed. If you’re in a hurry, a linen spray with a lovely scent will do the trick or light some scented candles.